Terms of Service
1) VisualHunt uses the Flickr API and searches Creative Commons photos. We are not associated with Flickr in any way, other than powering our search results using their API.
2) If you don't want your photos to be displayed on VisualHunt, don't choose Creative Commons licence for your photos on Flickr.
You can change your Flickr photo license at any time, but Creative Commons licenses are non-revocable. This means that you cannot stop someone, who has obtained your work under a Creative Commons license, from using the work according to that license - so choose wisely.
3) VisualHunt cannot be held responsible for copyright violations and cannot guarantee the legality or suitability for any use the images found through its service or contained in its system.
4) VisualHunt makes no warranty expressed or implied regarding continued service, information provided, the legality or licensing of the pictures or the functionality of the site. It is your responsibility to ensure the use of any pictures is legal and that they are in compliance with all applicable laws.
5) You assert that your use of the site is legal, and takes full responsibility for your actions on the site. You will not use the site, or photos found using the site services in an illegal manner.
5) You agree not to alter or remove any part of the embed code in order to remove the photo credit. You agree not to change how the embed code displays in order to hide the origin of the photo, the owner of the photo, and in the case of embedded images, the link back to the VisualHunt.com credit page unless the change better represents the original photo owner's attribution requirements.
6) We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, and you agree to abide by the most recent version of this.
7) INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
By uploading a file or other content or by making a comment, you represent and warrant to us that (1) doing so does not violate or infringe anyone else's rights; and (2) you created the file or other content you are uploading, or otherwise have sufficient intellectual property rights to upload the material consistent with these terms. With regard to any file or content you upload to the public portions of our site, you grant VisualHunt a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable worldwide license (with sublicense and assignment rights) to use, to display online and in any present or future media, to create derivative works of, to allow downloads of, and/or distribute any such file or content. To the extent that you delete any such file or content from the public portions of our site, the license you grant to VisualHunt pursuant to the preceding sentence will automatically terminate, but will not be revoked with respect to any file or content VisualHunt has already copied and sublicensed or designated for sublicense. Also, of course, anything you post to a public portion of our site may be used by the public pursuant to the following paragraph even after you delete it.
8) NOTICES OF CLAIMED COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT (OR OTHER TYPES OF INFRINGEMENT)
If you see anything on our site that you believe infringes your copyright rights, you may notify our Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") agent by sending the following information: Identification of the copyrighted work or works claimed to have been infringed. IMPORTANT: please include your copyright registration number. If your work is not yet registered, please include a copy of the application to register the work that you filed with the Copyright Office. A copyright infringement claim based on a U.S. work can only be filed if the work has been registered (http://www.copyright.gov/eco/). Registration currently takes about seven months. Identification of the material on our servers that is claimed to be infringing and that is to be removed, including the URL or other information to enable us to locate the material. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by you as copyright owner, or by your agent, or by law. A statement that the information in your notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner (or authorized to act on behalf of the owner) of the exclusive copyright right that is allegedly being infringed. Your physical or electronic signature, or of someone authorized to act on your behalf. Instructions on how we may contact you: preferably email, but also address and phone. Because a high percentage of DMCA takedown notices are not valid, VisualHunt reserves the right to ignore DMCA notifications based on unregistered works. Email: [email protected]
VISUALHUNT.COM is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.