There are so many fun themes to choose from and you might be tempted to just buy them all. But narrowing down which theme you want can give your display some cohesion and make it look less like you threw every decoration in the world on your front lawn. A well-chosen theme means the difference between good design and a tacky display.
An easy way of looking at Halloween decorations is that they tend to come in two main categories: scary or fun. Inflatables are no exception, ranging from costumed dogs to hooded ghouls. Start by deciding if you want a fun Halloween look or a scary one.
Fun Halloween inflatables include:
- Harvest displays with smiling jack-o'-lantern pumpkins
- Animals in costumes
- Cartoonish dragons
- Smiling, friendly ghosts, witches, vampires or goblins
- Tombstones with funny sayings
- Disney characters or other well-known fictional characters in costumes
Scary Halloween inflatables include:
- Large monsters like giant spiders, large-mouthed black cats or red-eyed werewolves
- Photorealistic characters from horror movies like Freddy Krueger or Pennywise
- Menacing ghosts and ghouls
- Haunted house openings
Get decorations from either the scary category or cute category. That will best help you create a theme. For instance, you could go with a "haunted front yard" theme by getting a few smaller menacing ghouls.